07 March 2022

2007, First Time by Lifehouse

What's with that year? Hearing this song, all those memories from 2007 came rushing back. I finished college, left home and started a new life away. Home was where I don't want to be. Those were the times that I was so alone, deepening my lack of self respect but it kept me going. Friends were having the time of their lives. As for me, my meager existence is just nothingness. 

Work was just something routine that kept me alive, but I think I did well. I guess its one of the things I enjoyed. I could stare at the screen all day and not worry about dinner. No responsibilities. Oh, not really, I have to send money somewhere and back home. I didn't really care. All I cared about is not having to depend on someone. I was alone, but I liked it.

Now, I'm honestly feeling more alone. I didn't want anything to do with my family anymore. On the other hand, I'm trying to make it work with my wife and my son. Still I'm alone, but they mean the world to me.

No comments: